2021 3v3 Charity Basketball Tournament
Layups 4 Life invites you to take the courts in the fight against cancer. Gather up your friends, family members, co-workers; build a team and take the courts for a great cause.
Since 2014, Layups 4 Life has raised OVER $120,000 for cancer research and clinical trials supporting one of the leaders in cancer research and innovation, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Led by cancer survivor Dan Exter and his wife, Dana Levine Exter, Layups 4 Life organizes one of the largest annual 3v3 charity basketball tournaments in New Jersey.
– $40 per person
– Team of 3 = $120
– Team of 4 = $160
– All participants receive a FREE event T-shirt
*Tickets are non-refundable and act as a donation to Layups 4 Life’s fundraising efforts*
– Participants must be 18 years of age and over.
– Co-ed teams welcomed
– A team of three (3) is the minimum amount of players for a team
– You can have a team of four (4). The fourth person will act as a sub (you can NOT have more than four (4) people on a team)
– Teams will be placed into divisions based on age and skill-level
– Deadline to register will be Tuesday, November 9th at 11:59 pm.
– All teams are guaranteed to play a minimum of five (5) games
– The top two teams, with the best record coming out of their division will then be seeded into a single-elimination tournament
UPDATED STRUCTURE TO FOLLOW COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
– At check-in on event day participants are required to fill out and submit a Covid waiver AND questionnaire.
– All participants will have their temperatures taken during check-in
– All teams will be given scheduled times for when to arrive at the PAL to play your divisional-round games
– Sanitizer will be made available on-premises but participants are encouraged to bring their own
– In-between games, basketballs, chairs, and other high touch point items and areas will be sprayed and wiped down
– Players who are active and playing in their games are not required to wear a mask or face covering. However, if you are not active or playing inside the PAL, it is recommended to wear a mask. Once you enter gameplay, you can then remove your mask.
– Basketballs will be provided for tournament play only. Players are encouraged to bring their own basketballs for warm-ups.
– Bathrooms will be available for participants to access within the PAL
– Drinks and snacks will be made available for purchase
– Spectators will be allowed inside the PAL during the tournament but are requested to wear a mask while inside the PAL.
Parsippany PAL Youth Center, 07054