Frequently Asked Questions
What is Layups 4 Life?
Layups 4 Life (L4L) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that helps raise vital funds for cancer research and clinical trials, supporting cancer research institutions and hospitals such as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. We run a variety of events in the health, social and fitness space. Led by our most successful and popular fundraising events, our annual 3v3 charity basketball tournament, our organization has raised over $104,000 since 2014.
How Can I Get Involved?
Stay up to date with all of the latest events, activities and updates with L4L, follow ups across all of our social media handles, @layups4life. Want to join our newsletter? Email us at [email protected], we will add you. We promise, we only send out 1-3 emails per month
How Can I Help Fundraise?
Fundraising is up and running for 2020! Our goal is to raise $28,000. You can learn more about how you can help us donate by clicking HERE
When and Where is your charity basketball tournament held?
Our 6th Annual 3v3 Charity Basketball Tournament is taking place on Saturday May 16th at the Parsippany PAL. Registration is OPEN so click HERE to learn more about our tournament and to sign up a team!
How much does it cost to register a team for your basketball tournament?
Team registration cost varies. See below for more details on timeframes and team cost. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
EARLY BIRD PRICING: From January 1st to February 29th:
3 person team: $105 per team
4 person team: $140 per team
REGULAR PRICING: From March 1st to April 30th:
3 person team: $120 per team
4 person team: $160 per team
FINAL BUZZER PRICING: From May 1st to May 12th
3 person team: $135 per team
4 person team: $180 per team
Are you on social media? How can I keep up with Layups 4 Life?
What are the rules and layout of the 3-on-3 tournament?
Rules are posted as we get closer to our annual 3v3 charity basketball tournament. Follow us on social media or sign up for our newsletter to receive these details. Here is some info however about our tournament:
– Teams are asked to arrive at 9:30am to check in. The tournament will get underway at 10am
– ALL participants will receive a FREE event T-shirt
– The tournament is open to Boys & Girls / Men & Women 18+
– All skill levels are welcome
– Teams will play those of similar ages and skill-set
– Co-Ed teams are welcome to sign up
– Teams have the option for a fourth team member, acting as a sub
– MAX AMOUNT OF PLAYERS PER TEAM IS 4 (four), it is not mandatory to have a fourth, a team can be full with only 3 (three) players.
– You are guaranteed to play a minimum of 5 games
– Referees will be assigned to each court
– Game managers will be assigned to each court, keeping score and time
– Teams are encouraged to wear similar color shirts, jerseys, etc.
– Tournament starts off in divisional rounds, where the top team(s) from each division will move on to a single elimination tournament
– Divisions are organized based on how you rank yourself as a team on a scale of 1-10 (1 being casual TO 10 being competitive)
– Refer your friends to make their own team and receive referral perks!
How old do I have to be to play in the 3-on-3 Tournament?
You must be 18 years or older to participate in our tournament.
Do you accept credit/debit card on event day for concessions, donations etc.?
Yes! Bring cash and or credit on event day to purchase concessions, raffle tickets or to make a donation
Is the 3-on-3 Tournament the only thing taking place on tournament day?
NO! We have contests, raffles, silent auctions and music being played all day long. Bring the whole gang, it is a fun, family filled event.
What if I don’t play basketball or want to play but it’s not really my best sport?
First of all, you do NOT have to be the second coming of LeBron James to play in our basketball tournament. We ask in on our registration form for your skill-set as we use that information to pair similarly skilled teams against each other in our opening rounds.
Second, if basketball still isn’t your thing you can make a donation or come and spend the day as there will be food, music and other fun activities!