6th Annual 3v3 Charity Basketball Tournament
About this Event
On Saturday, October 24th, 2020 Layups 4 Life invites you to take the courts in the fight against cancer. Gather up your friends, family members, co-workers; build a team and take the courts for a great cause.
Since 2014, Layups 4 Life has raised OVER $100,000 for cancer research and clinical trials supporting one of the leaders in cancer research and innovation, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Led by cancer survivor Dan Exter and his wife, Dana Levine Exter, Layups 4 Life organizes one of the largest annual 3v3 charity basketball tournaments in New Jersey.
TEAM PRICING: From March 1st through October 20th:
3 person team: $120 per team
4 person team: $160 per team
(*Broken down to being $40 per player)
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 11:59PM ON OCTOBER 20TH.
Want to help us fundraise and hit our goal? Create your own fundraising team page by using this link to learn more. We have great prizes to reward those that help us with our fundraising efforts.
ABOUT OUR TOURNAMENT
– Teams are asked to arrive at 9:30am to check in. The tournament will get underway at 10am
– ALL participants will receive a FREE event T-shirt
– The tournament is open to Boys & Girls / Men & Women 18+
– All skill levels are welcome
– Teams will play those of similar ages and skill-set
– Co-Ed teams are welcome to sign up
– Teams have the option for a fourth team member, acting as a sub
– MAX AMOUNT OF PLAYERS PER TEAM IS 4 (four), it is not mandatory to have a fourth, a team can be full with only 3 (three) players.
– You are guaranteed to play a minimum of 5 games
– Referees will be assigned to each court
– Game managers will be assigned to each court, keeping score and time
– Teams are encouraged to wear similar color shirts, jerseys, etc.
– Tournament starts off in divisional rounds, where the top team(s) from each division will move on to a single elimination tournament
– Divisions are organized based on how you rank yourself as a team on a scale of 1-10 (1 being casual TO 10 being competitive)
– Refer your friends to make their own team and receive referral perks!
No matter your age or skill-set we will place you in a fair and competitive division so you experience great competition and an awesome workout. Spend the day at the Parsippany PAL and support a local non-profit, looking to make a difference in the fight against cancer. This is a fun day to bring your family and friends as there will also be food, music, and raffle prizes.
Can’t make it to our tournament but still want to show your support? PLaying in our tournament and want to create a fundraising all-star team? Click HERE
Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat at @layups4life! Questions? Do not hesitate to email us at [email protected]
Thank you for your support. We look forward to seeing you on the courts.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, ‘ONE LAYUP AT A TIME’!